The Health visitors assess the health needs of children from birth to 5 years. They are a single point of contact for families and are available to provide advice and support as well as help to access services to promote children’s wellbeing.
The health visitors provide;
- Antenatal and postnatal support
- Support for parents bringing up their children (including advice on feeding and reducing risk of injury)
- Support for children with additional needs
- Advice on behavioural management techniques
- Assessments of children’s growth and development
- Breastfeeding support groups and baby massage and weaning groups.
Additionally, the health visitors work with other organisation to safeguard and protect children.