Temporary Services

Only persons who are already registered with a GP Practice in Northern Ireland can be registered as a ‘temporary resident’.

Any other persons needing temporary GP cover need to complete the HSC/R1 form to obtain free treatment. This includes:

  • Persons who are registered with a GP Practice in England, Scotland or Wales and are moving to NI to reside or stay here as a visitor.
  • Persons who have come to NI from other EEA countries or overseas. This can be someone born here who moved away and has returned for a visit or to take up residence again, or someone who has never been in NI before

You will need to complete the relevant section of the form, signed along with original photographic ID.